Starting a small business requires careful consideration of the tools and resources you’ll need to succeed. In this blog post, I want to share some of my favorite programs and companies that have been instrumental to my own business. These resources have helped me stay organized, save time, and maximize my productivity. Let’s dive in!
One of the most crucial aspects of running a business is password management. It’s essential to keep your passwords secure and easily accessible. Here are three tools that I highly recommend:
- LastPass: I use the free version of LastPass, and it has been a game-changer. It allows me to organize all my passwords and securely share them with clients and team members. The only downside of the free version is it does not work across devices. Currently, I just use it only desktop. LastPass
- Google Password Manager: If you’re using Google Chrome, take advantage of its built-in password manager. It syncs with your email account and ensures you never forget a password.
- Apple iPhone Passwords Storage: For iPhone users, the built-in password storage feature is incredibly convenient. You can save and sync passwords across devices, making it easy to access them whenever needed.
Website Tools and Companies
Having a strong online presence is crucial for any business. Here are a few programs and companies I recommend:
- Hostinger: I use Hostinger for website hosting and domain registration. They offer affordable and user-friendly services, making it easy to get your website up and running. For my domain, I paid $35 for three years (budgeting to 97 cents a month). For hosting with their business plan, I paid $191 for 3 years (budgeting to $5.31 a month) The total cost from a per-month breakdown is $6.28… how much are you paying with Squarespace again? The difference is unbelievable. Hostinger
- WordPress: WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS). I highly recommend building your website with WordPress. Unlike other platforms that limit customization and come with high fees, WordPress offers flexibility and scalability. It’s a wise investment in the long run.
- Elementor & Elementor Pro: If you’re looking for an intuitive website builder, Elementor is a fantastic choice. It’s user-friendly and allows you to create stunning designs without any coding knowledge. Elementor Pro provides more drag-and-drop features and templates. Frankly, you could build a whole website with their templates alone. The cost for Elementor Pro is $59 a year. Elementor Pro
Design & Marketing Tools
To create visually compelling content and effectively market your business, consider these tools:
- Canva: Canva is my go-to design tool, especially the Pro version. It offers a wide range of design elements, stock photos, and even an AI program called Magic Write. Canva Pro is free to nonprofits and for everyone else, it is $12.99. Canva
- Google Workspace & Google Drive: Google Workspace provides a professional email domain while Google Drive ensures seamless file access from any device. While it incurs a monthly cost of $6, it’s worth considering for a more polished business image. Google Workspace
These are just a few of my favorite programs and companies that have significantly benefited my small business. Remember, starting on the right foot with the right resources can save you time and money in the long run. Feel free to explore these tools and see how they can enhance your business operations.
If you’d like to learn more about any of these programs or companies, or if you need assistance with setting them up, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m here to help you maximize your business and systems.
Embarking on the journey of starting a small business demands strategic choices in tools and resources. The carefully curated programs and companies mentioned above have been the backbone of my own success, enabling me to stay organized, save time, and enhance productivity. Remember, the right tools set the foundation for long-term success, so explore these resources, integrate them into your operations, and watch your small business thrive. If you have any questions or need assistance in implementing these tools, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m here to help you maximize your business marketing and systems. Here’s to your business success!
Call to Action
Take a moment to check out one of these programs that caught your interest. Whether it’s password organization, website building, design, or marketing tools, make sure you’re leveraging the best resources for your business. And if you need any setup support or design assistance, schedule a call with me. Let me know if there’s a specific program or company you’d like me to go into detail about and how I utilize them in my business.
Link Disclosure: Some of the links provided in this blog post and email newsletter may be referral links, which means that I may earn a percentage of income if you make a purchase or sign up through those links. Please note that I only recommend programs and companies that I use and trust. Your support through these referral links helps me continue to provide valuable content and resources for small business owners. Thank you for your support!
Key terms: small business owners, pain point, value, programs, companies, resources, password organization, LastPass, Google Password Manager, Apple iPhone Passwords Storage, website tools/companies, Hostinger, WordPress, Elementor & Elementor Pro, design & marketing, Canva, Google Workspace & Google Drive, Chat GPT/Bard/AI, email marketing: Convertkit, Sticker Mule, YouTube, action step for small business owners, getting started for small business owners